Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good- Chemo is over and the week went better than we thought it would based on the 3rd one... It is now 8 days since chemo and the doctor tells us it only stays in my system for about 10 days so the best of the good news is I still have my eyelashes and eyebrows. Unless things get crazy I think I am home free. I guess if you call being bald home free. To throw in something funny. I am so afraid my eyebrows are going to just drop off one day that I don't even sleep with my face close to my pillow. I keep thinking crap what if I wake up and one morning and one is gone and the other isn't.

More Good- My surgery is scheduled for 5/30. We are doing a standard lumpectomy and then about 4-6 weeks after surgery I will begin 6 weeks of radiation. I have learned many things from this trip but most recently I learned sometimes there is just no short cut. Cancer is the non short cut disease. I guess there are certain things in life we should want done right and getting rid of cancer is one of them.

The Bad - I have a another chest cold. Oh yes my friends just as the weekend was nearing the end I started feeling coldish. You know ear ache, soar throat, headache, and chest pain. You know I think someone up stairs is getting the wrong idea about me. I am really a big baby and can not take all of this discomfort much longer. I am not going to ever brag about never being sick again. See what bragging gets you.

The Ugly- DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE THE HECK ALL OF THIS SNOT COMES FROM??????? HOW IS IT THAT WE PRODUCE SO MUCH????????

I will close with a good thing... a cold keeps my mind off my cancer boob so I guess it is a blessing. Now that my friends is real positive thinking. I should win a freakin Polly Positive award after this is done.

Thanks for checking in with us and for your love and support. I will try and keep you more up to date in the weeks to come. Remember on Tuesday May 30th send me good vibes and prayers.