Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bunny is hot!

Look where I found Bunny. Bunny either drank way too much Champaign or he just doesn't like the heat.

I know I said I was not going to post for the next few weeks but once I found Bunny I decided it was time to update all of you. I feel great. I am still bald and as a bonus 30 days after my last chemo I have lost 75% of my left eyebrow. Yes just my left one. What the hell? I was so proud bragging how at least I kept my eyebrows and eyelashes... Well crap! I lost 50% of my eyelashes as of last week, 75% of my left eyebrow, and 25% of my right one. The good news is I am cancer free blah blah blah.. I want hair people. Hair for women is very very important and I want it back. To quote a very famous person, " Daddy, I want an Umpa Lumpa NOW!!!

As many of you know I am back to feeling spunky and attempting to get my big butt in shape to run in the Susan Komen Race for the Cure Sept. 17. Today I ran my first mile without stopping. Hooray for me!! It hurt a bit cuz, well I am fat and my boob is still healing. I have to wear two sports bras to try to keep it from moving at all. It works pretty good but it still pulls just a bit. So many of you say what the hell does that thing look like. Well I think this blog has not been just to keep you all up on Bunny but it is also to keep you informed. As you all know knowledge is power so..... This brings me to a photo I thought many of you would like to see. May I introduce my new and improved cancer free left boob. . You are looking at my left underarm which has a 2.5" scar from the lymph node surgery in March and the left upper section of my left boob which has a 3" scar from the two surgeries in May. The tumor was about the size of a walnut. Please consider that to take this photo I had to raise my left arm and shoot the photo with my right hand... not an easy task. As you can see the two scars are not much different from each other. We are hoping that within the next 6 months to a year neither are going to be visible much.

We are waiting for my scar to heal so we can get started on radiation. I am hoping that by the time I can run 3 miles without stopping (aka passing out) that I will be done with radiation and my hair will be back. I am now hoping for September. I really don't want to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary bald.

Thanks for checking in and keep your prayers coming. Remember love yourself and your family and get your mammograms yearly.