Thursday, June 15, 2006

Great News!

Sorry I haven't posted sooner but we were waiting to hear back on my second surgery biopsy. On Tuesday we got the great news. The second biopsy showed no evidence of cancer. Now you say to your self Tammie you just won the lottery! What are you going to do next? Well I began to look for bunny to share the great news. As of late bunny has been in hiding. I personally think the first surgery may have pushed him over the edge with stress. He may have turned to that old faithful companion - the bottle. So even though he was surprised I was not when I found him like this.

What I didn't realize until I got a better look at him was he was "huggin the bottle" shall we say, attempting to open champaign to celebrate our great news.

Apparently bunnies have exceptionally good hearing, I think it's those ears.

So our friends, let us all "hug a bottle" and say a toast to good health, good friends, and happier days ahead.

For those of you who would like to know, my boob looks exactly the same as it did before any of this started except with about a 3" scar. Unfortunately that ain't like a 25 year old but hey it is still there. You know, as Martha use to say before she got put in the big house, "That is a Good Thing". Have you noticed she doesn't say that anymore. I wonder why sometimes.

Please ladies don't forget to schedule your mammograms if you have not already done so in the last year. I know they aren't a 100% in diagnosis but let me remind you when it comes to cancer any percent is better than zero. Love your families by loving yourself enough to get your mammograms yearly.

I still have 6 weeks of radiation to undergo but it can't begin until my wound heals. So we will be on hiatus for the next 4-6 weeks enjoying summer and taking a break from being sick. May I suggest you all do the same. You all deserve a little "cancer free worry" time if I do say so my dang self. Without all of your support and love there is no way Tom and I would have been able to get this far. Enjoy your next few weeks and please check back with us sometime in July to see the truth about radiation. Most say it is a breeze, I will be the judge of that and report it all to you.

All of our love to you