Friday, July 21, 2006

1/6 of the way done

Today I have my 5th of 30 radiation treatments. So if my basic school math, which I never did very well at, is right I am 1/6 done. I don't have much to tell recently except I am fat, bald, and very sweaty these days. Oh what a glorious thought isn't. A hot sweaty fat bald chick....ohhhhhh babbbyyyyy!!!! Ok I am not really still technically bald. I do have the beginnings of the basic boot camp crew cut.

Enough about my hottness, radiation has been a breeze so far. Unless something crazy happens I think we might make it through without a hitch. I go in every day, dress in a gown (just the top), wait in a waiting room for about 10 minutes, the tech comes out gets me, we go into a room with a machine that takes x-rays and does radiation (fancy huh?), I slip my arm out from the gown, raise my arms above my head, hold onto a bar thingy, they position me, they leave the room, the machine buzzes a few times and two minutes later I get up and leave. Well I put my gown back on and then go back done the hall, get dressed, and up the elevator. I know, it sounds fascinating doesn't it?

Then Tom and I take off for Mt Tabor where we re-confirm to ourselves that we are fat, lazy, and did I mention out of shape. We hike to the top and then attempt to run 1 1/2 miles. Recently we have both had a few set backs with our knees but we promise we will be sprinting across that finish line at the Race for the Cure Sept. 17. In fact you might want to come just to see Tom and I pushing people down to get past them to win this thing. Or you may see us dead on the side of the street.

Any whooo!!! That is it for now.

Lots of love