Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Howdy

I don't have much to report just yet but I wanted to update the site just in case someone out there in this great big world is still reading.

I had my first set up appointment for radiation last week. It was really easy. I was placed in a CT scan machine, placed my arms over my head, held on to a bar and let the machine do it's business. I of course was naked from the waste up. Thank the Lord for the handle bars I had to hold onto over my head. At least it made me appear to not be as fat as I feel and probably look. Any who, that was about it except they did give my 4 micro tattoos for alignment for my future visits. One on my sternum, one of each rib and one on the left side of my left boob. It felt like a small pin prick and not much more. They are soooo small I can barely see them. How about some good and bad news.

Good News:My hair is returning slowly but surely.
Bad News:It appears to be returning much more gray than before
Good News:I can color it
Bad News:Not for 6 months or it might fall out again
Good News: My eyebrows have come back with a vengeance
Bad News: Crap! My eyebrows look like caterpillars
Good News: I can tweeze them
Bad News: My vision is crappy cuz I am getting old.
Good News: My body hair has returned
Bad News: My body hair has returned!
Good News: I have 6 weeks of radiation left
Bad News: I am fat and have to stop eating. (that has nothing to do with radiation but I wanted to slip it in there anyway)
Good News: We are finally on the back side of this cancer crap
Bad News: I can't use my cancer crap any longer as an excuse for being lazy. (I think Tom is catching on)
Good News: Radiation begins this Friday
The Best News: I am a 4 month survivor and counting.


Don’t forget Sunday Sept 17 is the big Race for the Cure. Come join us for the 5K (3.1 mile) run 5K walk, 1 mile walk or meet us at the finish line. Contact me via my cell if you are interested. I am going to run the 5K race and when I cross that finish line it will be over my friends. I will be done with Breast Cancer and hopefully a lot healthier than when I started this crazy ride. Contact me or Tom if you are interested in participating.
All are welcome. Here is a link http://www.komenoregon.org/Race_for_the_Cure/. I have not yet set up a team but I will soon. I am working on a funny name. Any suggestions are welcome.

Love you all